Sunday, December 4, 2011

Accomplishing Tasks

Well, Yesterday and today I was focusing on "getting my nest in order".  I started making room for some furniture that my friend's parents gave me. A nice couch and chairs.  Now, I have to admit I laughed at myself soooo many times trying to figure out where I was going to put everything.  I personally wanted to throw out the old couch - but hubby said no.  Dang pack rat that he is. Anyway, you would have thought I was trying to build something huge.  As I was trying to figure this all out- everytime I would move the furniture around I would wash the baseboards etc.  It felt so good to be getting some of this cleaning done. 

Here's the problem - too many tasks on my plate.  Since the injury, I can not stay focused on one thing.  I don't mean to jump around and I certainly was not like this before.  It's as if I can't complete anything I start.  It's not bordom on what I am doing- it's as if I forget what I was doing when something distracts me.  I have already gotten distracted twice since starting this post.  It drives me CRAZY.  I will be doing one thing and before I know it I am in the middle of something totally different.  I started the laundry today, worked some in the office and ended up in the back yard cutting grass and raking leaves.  Neither my laundry, office, the cleaning from yesterday or the yard work is completely finished.  It is so hard to explain all of this when these actions are so different from how I use to be.  Lord, I just got very distracted again.  You know, it does take some time for me to even write these blogs.  :-)  Thank God I have this screen open on my computer-- I may have totally forgot that I was blogging....ha,ha,ha

Somehow this problem with attention deficeit and time combined are an issue as well.  You see, I have also lost the concept of time.  I won't go into that one too much, I will save that for another blog- but I can't tell how much time has passed - so time management is OUT the window for me now.  My doctor wants me to download a timer on my computer and when I hear the timer go off- I need to figure out if I am the right course for the task at hand.  She said that the easiest way to track this would be for me to put a penny in my pocket everytime I was off course.  LOL I will have a pocket full of pennies....LOL I guess I now have to learn how to break up the tasks into smaller tasks to get anything complete.  WOW - tasks into tasks and so on....  Oh well-- I guess I have to re-learn how to crawl before I can run.... and one day I will be running again.

No comments:

Post a Comment